Health & Wellbeing – Education – Integration
We Aim To Educate, Equip and Empower imMigrants in Finland
HEED Association is a non-governmental and non-profit making association founded in 2018.
The association has three goals, which are to promote health, education and integration of immigrants and refugees in Finland.
With the assertion that “Knowledge is power”, HEED will use different methods of delivering information to educate immigrants and refugees on different health issues, which will enable them to make informed decisions concerning their health and well-being.
- Raise awareness on the prevalence of different health issues confronting immigrants and their families.
- Educate immigrants on prevention and management of non-
communicable diseases and other health issues.
- Empower immigrant women to take the lead on health promotion, education and integration in the family
- Orientate families and young people on education and career choices in Finland
- Empower Immigrant families to be actively involved in their children´s education
- Provide guidance to immigrants on key aspects that enhances proper and smooth integration into the Finnish society
- Bridge the gap between culture and other cultures in Finland
- Develop collaboration with organizations involved in health promotion, education and integration issues
- Cooperate with different immigrant communities aimed at empowerment and capacity building.
Wellbeing – Integration – Education – Globalisation – Empowerment – Participation
Health – Equality – Education – Integrity – Tolerance – Dignity – Empowerment – Diversity – Commitment – Individuality – Collaboration
Mrs. Emma Tamankag
Founder & Chairperson of HEED Association Finland
– Chairperson of Moniheli board
– Senior Lecturer in the department of Nursing, Laurea UAS
– Financial Secretary of MACUDA Finland